Often, brides can be heard saying that they are choosing to go with a vintage themed wedding. But what does a vintage wedding mean? To note, this has been around for centuries. To define, vintage would mean different on different eras:
- Victorian era – a vintage wedding would mean laces, pearls, garden tea parties, and peonies.
- 1920’s – the Great Gatsby Era, vintage wedding means satin dresses, feathers and headbands.
- The 30’s and 40’s – The trend was hats with small veils and shoulder pads. Hollywood glam.
- 1950’s to the swinging 60’s – big hair and skirts, homemade lemonade, ginger beer, retro candy with Audrey Hepburn as the latest guide to the latest fashion.
- Classic 70’s and the 80’s – the wedding trend would be loose floral dresses, daisy chains, flowing hair and camper vans.
Fast forward to today, we can see that these trends are coming back. We can notice lace detailing as a must have on dresses, long sleeve gowns are being preferred as well as headbands and flower crowns.
Today’s vintage trends comprise of raw timber arbors that are dressed with flowing fabric or floral arrangements, old wooden doors can be used as ceremony backdrops, an assorted collection of benches and chairs as ceremony seats and so much more.
Another good reason why many brides are going for the vintage theme is that it gives them countless ways to decorate the ceremony and the reception venues. Along with the companies that specializes on vintage props and decors, these companies provide an easy and affordable option which helps take some of the wedding stresses away.
Vintage could also mean having those personal, beautiful touches of the past scattered throughout the ceremony or reception as décor.
To add more to the fun and excitement, not to mention making the wedding stand out from others is by adding a photo booth. A photo booth adds that unique element, gives guests countless special memories to take home and treasure. We at Photo Booth Rentals San Antonio, have the photo booth that is designed with the whimsical vintage style and supply a selection of entertaining props. We will work closely with you to achieve your creative vision and event theme.
To conclude, you will not go wrong having a vintage style wedding. You would look back at your wedding photos and be uneasy on conscious thoughts but instead, will be happy seeing yourself, guests and the venue as contributors of the perfect wedding day.